RCAerotowing.com was proud to partner with Graupner USA on the announcement of one of the sleekest, sexiest, coolest, and just plain “est” radio systems on this or any other planet. The Graupner MC-32 Hott system. HoTT stands for Hopping Telemetry Transmission. This system has so many features — yes, it even talks — that we just had to put out the whole darn laundry list of wow below. We hope your synapes can take it all in. Remember to pace yourself. Yes, we know we’re being over the top. Occasionally it’s justified.
Congratulations to Michael Kelly of Kentucky who won our RCAT MC-32 Scavenger Hunt Contest. Michael now has his and loves it! Need to grab one for yourself right away? Head over to Graupner USA / V-East and check it out, add one to your cart and just try to stop smiling! You know you want one!
A few years after the appearance of the mc-24, which has proven itself a thousand times over, the mc-32 takes off at Graupner. With proven functions and new ideas, it comes in a slick black design that looks great with the all-aluminium frame – which, by the way is no design gag but a supporting element of the overall structure.
HoTT refers to the Graupner frequency hopping spread spectrum system and literally stands for Hopping Telemetry Transmission. Using 75 channels in the 2.4GHz band, the radio combines reliability of 2.4GHz bidirectional communication between the transmitter and receiver, with integrated telemetry, voice output, and fast system response time.
Functions and innovations:
- Integrated Graupner HoTT 2.4 GHz transmission system
- Voice and music output via headphone jack
- Simple, extremely fast binding with model-memory-dependent telemetry
- Range test and warning function
- Low-voltage warning
- Extremely broad receiver operating voltage range from 3.6 V to 8.4 V (functional to 2.5V)
- Failsafe, free channel allocation (channel mapping); mixer functions and all servo settings can be programmed simply
- Binding of any number of receivers for channel expansion (max. of 32 channels)
- Up to 4 servos can be controlled simultaneously as a block with a signal repetition time of 10 ms (only digital servos!)
- Maximum immunity to interference through optimised frequency hopping and broad channel spread
- Intelligent data transmission with correction function
- Extremely fast rebinding, even at max. distance
- Telemetry analysis in real time
- Transmitter display in real time
- In addition, the telemetry data can be displayed optionally with the SMART-BOX
- Over 200 systems can be used simultaneously
- In the HoTT version bidirectional communicationbetween transmitter and receiver as well as thefastest transmission rates of 10ms for extrem reactions.
- Additional HoTT features of the mc-32:
- Super-fast response time thanks to the use of the fast main processor for data transmission
- Micro-SD card to store telemetry data and for other functions
- Future-proof thanks to the update capability via USB interface
- The included LiIo battery has a capacity of 6000 mAh, making it possible to reach extreme flight times and reduce charging processes.
- Wireless teacher-pupil system or optionally via cable to the DSC jack
- Modulation switchable via software Enabling you to switch from, for example, Weatronic (EXT. PPM) to HoTT at the push of a button
- Connections for Weatronic module.
- iFS and Weatronic can be retrofitted.
- 5 different languages (German, English, later French, Italian, and Spanish) possible via software update. For availability of the respective language, see Download area.
- 80 modell memories and other storage options on the µSD card
- 8 switches/keys, including 2 3-stage-switches, 3 2-stage switches, 2 long keys, 2 safety switches already installed
- Swashplate limiter:
- This function limits the angle of inclination of the swashplate and prevents it from striking other mechanical parts during simultaneous full roll and pitch-axis maneuvers in 3D helicopter operations
- Digital trimming by scroll wheel, can be set either for a specific flight phase or globally
- Zeroing of the digital trimming by simply pressing the scroll wheels
- Auto-trim function When trimming fixed-wing or helicopter models, the current stick positions are stored in the trim memory at the push of a button. (Hit the switch, get the model on the »straight and level«, and release the stick. The correction is then displayed »smoothly« when the stick is pulled back.)
- CH.-1-switchover for braking / electric motor: This expansion of flight phase programming makes the switchover child’s play. The pilot decides at which stick position (forward/back) the motor is switched off or the airbrakes are retracted.
- Maximum of 16 proportional control functions
- Simplified assignment of control elements, such as stick, external switch, proportional control, and trim lever as control functions.
- Future-proof thanks to updatable, fast, 32-bit operating system with a modern flash memory
- Blue backlit MULTI-DATA-GRAPHIC LCD monitor with significantly improved readability in difficult lighting conditions
- CONVENIENT MODE SELECTOR for simple switchover of operating modes 1 – 4 (e.g. throttle left/throttle right)
- 12 mixers, freely programmable for fixed-wing models and helicopters with freely selectable input and output functions, including 4 curve mixers with the new 8-point-curve technology; curve values are simple to set and adjust for a maximum of 8 points for throttle, pitch, tail rotor, or other nonlinear setting paths. The processor in the CPU uses a sophisticated polynomial approximation method to calculate an ideal, correctly rounded MPC (multi-point curve) mixer curve.
- Shifting of the curve mixer points is possible in both axes with the control
- 8 flight phase programs can be adjusted individually for each model and assigned names; the switching time can be set separately
- SUPER SERVO menu with a perfect overview of all servo setting data and simple correction of parameters for 4 levels (turning direction, center position, bilaterally separate servo paths, and bilaterally separate travel limits for 16 servos with a total of 96 setting options)
- SUPER-DUAL-RATE, EXPO, and EXPO/DUAL-RATE menuwith 36 possible setting variants, for 3 servo functions and 8 flight phases.
- Practical, optimised multi-function menus for fixed-wing and helicopter models. Entering the number of aileron and cambered flap servos automatically programs all the required mixer functions in the multifunction fixed-wing menu. Differential aileron mixer, butterfly mixer, dual-flap mixer, automatic gyro set function and additional special functions
- Helicopter swashplate mixer For 1, 2, 3, or 4-point linkage.
- Selectable cycle ltime of 10 ms, 20 ms, 30 ms, or 40 ms, depending on receiver and operating mode
- Convenient timer menu. 8-stopwatch system, alarm timer, countdown timer, lap counter, et cetera. 2 times and 1 lap time can be displayed simultaneously in large characters.
- Stopwatch with history: In addition to the lap counter, there is a Time 1, which records the power-on times and a Time 2, which records the switched-on and switched-off times separately.
The set contains:
Graupner HoTT mx-32 microcomputer transmitter with built-in 1S6P 6000 mAh Lilo transmitter battery, Graupner HoTT 2.4-GHz FHSS module with micro SD card slot for storage of telemetry data, and earphone connection, USB connection, Graupner HoTT GR-32 16-channel receiver, charger for 500 mA transmitter battery, aluminium transmitter case.
Programmes for models:
- Familiar GRAUPNER menu and program prompts
- Transmitter operating time timer
- Switch assignment of the flight phase switches: 6 switches, including 2 with priority function. The name of each switch combination can be selected freely, so the number of flight phases does not depend on the number of flight phase switches
- Tailplane type normal, V-tail, Delta/flying wing, 2 elevator servos 3+8 (as a result 2 linkable elevator servos are immediately available without using free mixers/dual-mixers)
- Number of flaps 4 ailerons / 4 cambered flaps: Full support for 8 control surface servos, now without using free mixers.
- Switch-off capability for flight phase transition delay: For individual channels, the delay time can be switched on a flight phase basis (e.g. for motor-off for electric models or for head lock activation/ deactivation for helicopters). 10 additional user-defined phase names: In addition to the preset flight phase names, users can freely assign 10 phase names of their own
- Expanded transmitter control menu: Possible to assign input-side centre offset. Channel 1 control + trim can be assigned as controls. 2 switches can be assigned to one input for true 3-stage function.
- Fixed-wing mixer: Newly designed multi-flap menu for ultra-simple, easy-to-understand setup of up to 8 control surface servos on a flight-phase-specific basis – without the use of free mixers
- Sub-item »Info« in the basic model menu: Here it is possible to enter additional information for each model. This additional information then appears in the newly designed model selection
- »Logical switches«: This function makes it possible to link 2 switches logically with »and« or »or«. The result can then be used as a virtual switch. Typical example of use: Certain functions are to be activated only depending on others (e.g. wheel brake can be activated only if the landing gear have been lowered). Multiple functions that are normally switched independently of one another are to be returned to the basic setting using an »emergency switch«. The automatic program can be activated by multiple switches, which then simultaneously select the program.
- Expanded servo centre adjustment range Setting range expanded to ±125 %.
- Number of flight phases: (fixed wing: 8, helicopter: 7 + AR)
- Warning threshold »Throttle too high« can be set in the helicopter menu, programmable power-on warning
- Slot time can be stopped simultaneously by RUN + STOP and thus deleted, too.
- Phase trim is now possible for fixed-wing models for all axes.
- Switchable Snap-Flap Mixer HR->WK with new offset function for easy short corrections and fast turns
- 3 Ring limiter for Voith-Schneider and similar drives
- Channel sequenzer for 3 channels for folding motors and landing gear doors
- Hotkey for servo display: Pressing the keys < and > the left CAP-touch executes nearly all the menus in the servo display directly.
- Servo assignment swap at the receiver output
- CAP-TOUCH-controls with key lock function to prevent unintentional operation
- CAP-TOUCH display change from main menu to telemetry main menu using ESC
- Numerous telemetry display, programming, and analysis functions directly in the transmitter display
- Model type icon Graphical display of the model type (fixed-wing model / helicopter)
- Connection jack already installed for PC-USB interface, headphones, SMART-BOX, Weatronic module, DSC system, prepred for teacher-pupil operation
- Teacher-pupil system with or without cable with total handover, all settings are done on the teacher transmitter.
- Other functions planned via software update. We reserve the right to make changes!
FHSS, frequency hopping via up to 75 channels
Maximum protection against interference through optimised frequency hopping, broad channel spread, and aerial diversification.
Intelligent data transfer with correction function
Extremely high range
Range test and warning function
Low voltage warning
Extremely broad receiver operating voltage range of 3.6 V to 8.4 V (functional to 2.5 V)
Numerous failsafe functions
Key lock function against unintentional alteration of menus
12-bit A/D converter, 4096 steps for extremely (extraordinarily) high signal resolution
Shorter response times can be set (10ms period)
No additional delays due to module processors. the entire hopping management is done directly by the 32-bit main processor.
Synchronous servo travel due to simultaneous control of the servo outputs is possible in blocks of 4
Extensively delay-free control reactions due to direct processing
Telemetry analysis in real time
Optional speech output of the timers, telemetry data, and warnings via headphone output
Repeat function and continue function for voice output can be programmed via freely assignable switches
Pre-selection of voice output to be used
Separately adjustable volume for beeps and voice output
Integrated telemetry display with 8 x 21 characters or 128 x 64 pixels, optionally in test or graphic form
Duration of display illumination : ALWAYS, 30s,.60s, 90s, 120s
Micro-SD card slot for storage of telemetry data, similar to a black box and in addition to the model memories
PC software for analysis or display of the telemetry data via download
Buzzer signal at the highest receiver output for L/S function, satellite receiver, simulators, paddle-less stabilisation systems, et cetera programmable
Model-memory-dependent binding, except for copied model memories
Wireless teacher/pupil function
Wireless copying function of model memories between two transmitters
Numerous flight phases programmable
Motor off function
Numerous fixed-wing and helicopter mixers
Simple and extremely fast binding
Free channel allocation (channel mapping), transmitter and receiver mixing functions, as well as all servo settings can be programmed simply
Binding of any number of receivers for channel expansion (maximum of 16 channels). The last receiver bound sends the telemetry data.
Future-proof due to update function via PC interface
Go to Graupner USA / V-East and get yours today!