2nd Annual Aerotow Announced for July 20-21-22, 2012 in Lacolle, Quebec, Canada
An impressive group has already registered. Join the fun for the Second Annual Aerotow, July 20-22 in beautiful Lacolle.
This location is quite literally just over the U.S. / Canada border and is easily accessible from Interstate 87, the Adirondack Northway in some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the Northeast.
Organized by Daniel Plouffe and sponsored in part by RCAeroTowing.com, this event is quickly becoming a mid summer destination for many aerotow enthusiasts. The field is a wide open sod farm, located in Lacolle, Quebec. A perfect flying site for scale soaring! It is the home field for the RC club, “Les Arpents V’air”
“There is a desperate need for some aerotowing activity in this area” according to Daniel Plouffe, the event’s coordinator, ” Registration is $30 for all 3 days — a promotional coffee mug ,1 ticket for the Saturday night buffet ,and 1 ticket for the raffle are included. Every time ones goes thru the “gate” for flying well we give another tickets and so on. Extra tickets for the buffet cost $12. It is a nice buffet and made by true professional cooks! Mugs cost the same at 12$ Each day there will be a food vendor ( From 11:00am to 03:00pm) that will sell hot dogs,burgers,chicken,fries and the famous Canadian POUTINE, chips, soft drinks, etc.”
More details from Daniel:
- Camping is possible during the event
- Club now its own web site as well as being on facebook…..www.lesarpentsvair.com
- We are up to 10 sponsors for the raffle so far but working to get some more—see on the web site
- AMR is supposed to have a booth so if you want to buy something it is possible…They can take your credit card right at the field and you can save on shipping cost
- Icare-rc is a sponsor but unfortunately will be out of the country in that time
- Everyday there will be a half & half raffle at around 03:00 pm
- Our site is on a sod farm so it is big and can flies about anything as for sizes.
- Once again RcAerotowing.com co-host this event—That alone talks for itself !
- We hope to see all of you coming to our event and can count on the red carpet welcome
On the Interactive Mapping System here at RcAeroTowing.com , the flying site can be inspected in Satellite view providing a good feel for the size of this fabulous location. A number of flyers from throughout Ontario and Quebec are registered as are a big group from the states crossing over the border at multiple points.
To view complete information or to pre-register for the event, click here: http://www.rcaerotowing.com/event-details-registration.php?id=36
Hope to see you In Canada!! Official Quebec Tourism information can be found by clicking: HERE
Primary Field Coordinates (WGS84):
Latitude: +45° 05′ 33″
Longitude: -73° 23′ 21″